EDUCATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP CHILDREN PROGRAM (ESCP)
Literacy is a basic cognitive skill that is fundamental for access to decent work. The global indicator on literacy and numeracy is expressed in terms of skills proficiency. These skills are important for poverty reduction, employability, healthier lives, and social inclusion. Hence, with a vision to build a society which protects, promotes and fulfils the rights of children to education in the areas of intervention and increase the access to quality education, NMG is implementing projects dedicated to the field of education which in effect increases the reach of disadvantaged children to schools, ensures the retention of children at school and at the same time improves the quality of education being imparted at schools.
The project is divided into two parts:
1) Educational Scholarship Children Program (NMG School)
- The students who are studying in the school being run by Nepal Matri Griha itself.
2) Educational Scholarship Children Program (Out School Students)
- The students who are studying in other schools, being referred from government bodies, ward office, municipalities, S.W.C., etc and the students who have passed from the school being run by Nepal Matri Griha are Out School Students.
This project is designed to achieve the following major objectives:
- Access of resource-less, opportunity-less and deprived children to school.
- Retention of children from poor family background at school through innovative teaching and learning methods and child friendly approach of education.
- To educationally empower the persons with disabilities in an integrated environment.
- To distributes educational resources and materials to the disadvantaged children of economically marginalized communities.
- To develop good study habits, health practices and socialization that will serve them throughout their lives and creating a healthy academic atmosphere for educational success.
- To ensure that the education of neglected children benefits not just them as individuals but all of Nepalese society.