The programme ‘Theatre for Social Issue and Awareness’ was inaugurated in 2019 A.D. “Performing arts can change the world” is a foremost slogan of TSIA. Starting the theatre house can be changed behavior of the people, the theatre performances touch on a variety of subjects like – environment, nutrition, health, gender, discriminations, education, disabilities, and people`s rights etc. and also, that sharing the human knowledge and experiences – to express or transfer emotion, feelings, ideas, information throughout
theatrical mechanisms. It targets to draw raw stories in the theatre workshop form the society, polish it and send it back to the society as the delicious theatrical dish. NMG desires to set up theatre as a respectable profession and foster the theatre going culture in the Nepalese society.
Theatre has been a powerful medium of expression along with its focus on positive decision making and moral development. On condition that TSIA have always wanted to help uplift society, as the environmental, economic, social and spiritual problems affecting the world intensified around us, this need became ever stronger. Cases of crime against women and children such as trafficking, polygamy, child marriage, rape, attempted rape, domestic violence continues undebated in the country. This project will be help to fight against these social problems and promote the role of women in society. Another benefit of this program is it prevents suicidal thoughts among children and their parents through the medium of theatre. This program provides opportunities for disability and underprivileged to build skills in confidence, expressing ideas, movement, voice and articulation improvisation and performance along with awareness to government and society. Under this program, TSIA is going to do following activities:
- It provides chemical free, nutritious, fresh supply of home- grown vegetables and fruits.
- It helps the environment and reduce carbon footprint. The plant that we grow will improve air quality.
- It gives the opportunity to get closer to nature, without taking much effort.
- It provides an opportunity for enhancing creativity as well psychological benefits.
- It helps to relieve from stress and depression as involved person gets good body exercise and increase the blood flow in the body.
- It is powerful stress reliever for disabled child by making them involve in gardening.
- Urban gardening will protect the building from absorbing heat.
- It motivates child to have right food from age.
- It provides proper education to children and their family about importance of organic urban gardening and farming.
- For those who want to develop hands-on skills in farming or gardening, there are a number of opportunities around Nepal Matri Griha as we provide training to them.
- Urban gardening is also supporting rising numbers of urban birds around thecompound of Nepal Matri Griha.